Pages

Saturday, March 11, 2023

3.11.23

2:00 AM  The day after Greg Friedlander day.

There was only one person I wanted to hear from on my birthday.  And no I have not forgotten how to use my phone.  People are entitled to privacy and to get on with their lives to some extent.  No one should have a life sentence in prison of any type.  But that doesn't change what I want.

I have been up many days before the sun because of you.  You are not the reason, at least not the only reason, I am up at 2AM the day after my birthday, but I would like to tell you why.  A major bank failed on my birthday.

Yesterday I started the day at 4AM, so I was only up 2 hours earlier.  How weird is that?  I walked the dog to my office and was there before 8AM.  I was back early so I missed my brother who stopped by.  In the afternoon I swam 2200 yards, 1200 IM,  2x200, 1x400, 1x200, 2x100 so a ladder of sorts and I could have kept going, and I suppose that is even part of reason I am up now, but I showed old age a thing or two.

I got good news from all 3 universities I am working on and a positive email on a larger grant project and I feel like I have a handle on the science so I typed in some final notes and on my birthday filed the provisional to cover all the disclosure that might come up in the grants that have been filed and to update my observations.

All in all, a banner day of sorts.

But all I wanted, all I ever want for my birthday, is you.

Thanks for all the birthday greetings. I think i may have gotten to the age where I can count riches in the friends I have had, those I have left and the good deeds I can do in the remaining years on this earth. A long life to all of you and if I do not see you in person in the years to come, we will meet again in Valhalla or whatever comes next.

That's what I posted to facebook.

I thought it was clever enough as old as I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment