Pages

Monday, August 27, 2012

3. Hurricane

This is a post from August 27, 2012.  It was never posted, along with well over 100 other posts.
We haven't had a hurricane this year (and I could do with a year without one) so I'm going to get rid of this post, by posting it.
Hurricanes have brought great turmoil and  happiness
I have embraced great sadness but I cannot blame the storms.


Today is a hurricane day, or a pre-hurricane day to be precise.
There is a carnival atmosphere to the sky
 delightful breeze, beautiful sun, curved bands of cloud.
To the south, a solid band of curved clouds of a tightly curved front
Everyone gets excited before a storm, it is pleasant.
Merchants sell a lot of merchandise
if the storm doesn't hit, it can almost be disappointing.
Storms hold a special place for me
I've shared my life with them
The catastrophic ones have shaped my life
often this has been for worse
but overall i have to say for the better
they have given to me the most important days of my life
directly and indirectly
everyone should be as luck as i am to experience this weather
and the life events they gave
as they blow away the past
bring on the future like a flood
in a relentless tide which I have been unable
and unwilling to deny

No comments:

Post a Comment