Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Thank you for breaking my heart

Here's the poem
that i promised you
that you wouldn't like
but with deep affection you take
the good which is very good
and the bad which is very bad
so thank you for being there
and breaking my heart for
Suffering is the source of art
Only the greatest love
can yield the greatest expression
which artists give as art
others by jumping off buildings
less metaphorical escapes
most artists need a series of lovers
because one is not enough
to hone their art to the sharpest edge
to slit allegorical wrists
but other artists
have no match like you
the whole universe
pale next to your sparkling eyes
the hottest sun
cold compared to your passion
thank you for being cold
for your selfishness
for bringing me to the edge
of madness, regret and despair
and pushing me over the edge
with your knowing, thin smile
for opening before me
the abyss within which
there is so much
for only absolute black
holds the secrets
of pure light
and only the perfect mate
can open the door
to perfect darkness
shove me inside
lock the door behind me
take my heart
and break it again
dance on the pieces
kill me one self inflicted cut at a time
deny me the joy of living
so that i  bleed
my poor poetry for you
over the floor
of these pages
and the last drop
of my wrecked life
will add a little color
to your world
a brighter red
coming from
such a fresh wound
that cannot heal

No comments:

Post a Comment