Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2013

life's playbook

i went looking for life's playbook
the one that tells how to build out of brick
not houses from thatch
you can put thatch back up when it blows down
but with brick you can build bigger
and brick lasts forever
though life does not
I went looking for life's playbook
the one that doesn't talk about dying
or explain why we're here
the one with the right golden rule
whether do under others,
do first or he who has the gold
i cannot remember which
but it is in life's playbook
how to form a table
when a friend needs to sit
or how to have someone pose on arms and legs
when you need a place to write
the one that explains love
and doesn't say it could be
the one for sale at any store for 19.95
the one that explains you
how to find you
how to live with you
how to make me love you
only when I want to love you
and tells me how to have you
without requiring i understand you
and how to make you understand me
without requiring i love you

that explains how to live
and how to live with you

today I am looking
for life's playbook

No comments:

Post a Comment