Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

too close-why not to build a singularity device

Thank you for your interesting proposal.  I'll give you an idea of what it would take.
Let me tell you about myself.  I am neither the lonely fat man in the bathtub alone with his computer, nor the love lost scientist delving into the depths of reality to salvage a broken heart although I have pieces of both of those stereotypes.
You don't get the equipment.  It's not practical anyway, unless you're looking for a locallized nausea source.  That's not true of course, if you could send particles of time-matter back into the singularity and observe what they showed, it might allow you to look short distances or even long distances forward or back.  One can imagine the value of being able to look even sixty seconds into the future of a battle field (you'd know when to duck or jump).
I think this is largely something that should be developed intellectually, not practically.
One of the more practical examples woudl be if you can store energy-removing time and then letting it return-on a steady basis you'd have an interesting power source.  I don't know that raw power generation would be practical from what I've observed since the numbers would be so high, but I may just be paranoid.  There are also some other interesting prediction tools.  Imagine if you could pursue quantums of matter by accelerating time in ahead and then bring it back (it would necessarily come back) you could predict things that were happening based on changes to whatever was sent forward.  In effect this would be dipping into the singularity which is probably impractical if not dangerous.

No comments:

Post a Comment