Pages

Sunday, January 31, 2016

An edited spiral in amber

The spilled inkwell can be shown with just about any page of this draft.  I'm editing it from the beginning and the middle at the same time.  I might as well edit it backwards.
Maybe one day someone will sell this edition to the Smithsonian, but here's a page of what it looks like.  Does this mean you shouldn't get this edition?  There are too many other reasons not to get it than the editorial changes necessary.


The answer lies in the correctness or incorrectness and what I do and don't do.  If I'm right and if I decide to take this volume down after its edited, then perhaps you should buy a copy, fly here from around the world and get me to sign it (I would).  If I'm not right, then why are you reading this blog?
I happen to know that I'm right intuitively.  This is not an ego issue, because a separate post I've already written shows that ego has no place in Non-linear coordinate theory.
But if I'm right, then it doesn't really matter if I sign your copy of the book or not.  The great failing of NLC is not its failure to answer all the questions (where the hell does the exponential come from?); instead the problem lies in its ability to eviscerate importance as a concept.
I'd be the first to admit that I need the 7 extra years that Einstein had to finish the equations, to be able to accurately predict any past or future event using the concepts embodied in the book and that's assuming I care enough to do it.  I have a life, after all.  But even with the failings of the development, it's complete enough to allow anyone to understand it.  Even though there are inconsistencies in this volume that need to be corrected, the right aspects are set out along with a few dead ends that haven't been eliminated yet.
Perhaps I should be looking for a national/corporate sponsor.  I'm thinking of a country because I want to move somewhere.  Say a multi year commitment from Russia, a move to the motherland as it were.  I'd probably settle for Germany, France or perhaps Greece, the post Sumerian heartland of western mathematics.  Perhaps the Chinese get it, my admiration for their techniques of economic warfare notwithstanding.  I need to get out of town, after all, you can't get farther out of town than China.  While I should find a sponsor closer to home, given the fact that I'm si far ahead of everyone else on so many levels, but that doesn't really seem to be fair to the rest of the world, less given the conceit of the scientific community here and more because of my own agenda.  I wonder if there's a seat open at Cambridge? 


No comments:

Post a Comment