Pages

Thursday, November 7, 2019

last days of the mississippi river zombie chapter 20

2200 yards, 1100 im, 2x400 and 1x300.  You ask, why so lazy, why not finish the last 400 and in truth it was as  much boredom as exhaustion.  I could barely breath at the beginning of the workout, heartbreak, which turned into heartburn towards the end, but it was done and is done.
Then yesterday I took off, today storms are forecast
Vitals 124/66; 02 96, pulse 53, something else 16; a bmi between 23 and 24.  Basically the body of a 35 year old; that 66 seems to be a problem as much as the slightly elevanted 124; but if exercise is critical, I can't do more than I am doing.  It is the pressure of life, the gloom that enters my mind every day when I wake up alone.

I am going to only shoot for one or two posts per week.  There is too much suffering to do more than that,but one or two per week seems reasonable as a target.

My grant team is shaping up if I can keep it from falling apart.
The real question if can I keep the main mathematician.  It may be an ego thing, a time thing, perhaps even a legitimacy thing, although how can it be wrong when its 7 years ahead of MIT?  Either way, I plan to have the paperwork done this week, even though there are only 2 days left.   Then I have to wait to the end of the month to gather resumes, then the real work begins.

 Getting the tech ready is a challenge, that is taking what is done and parsing out from that what needs to be done by several different areas of expertise, math, physics chemistry and engineering.  It will be a research and writing challenge but the proof of the model is there and the patents provide a roadmap towards success.

If only I could deal with the rest of my life, by comparison solving the model underlying thermodynamics was relatively simple and it should not be that way.  Let me say something, this way is miserable, but you have to be sufficiently miserable to change.  Can I get there?  i am so used to sacrificing myself for something soulless and dead it is hard to say.

Who is to die?  That is what it amounts to, my soul or someone else's.

It was good to get Nostradamus published, but it had a minor rejection in the print version which I hope I fixed today.  I went to order copies and despite the update, it tried to sell the old version.  Not sure what that is about, I may have to republish.

Kiss, well that is another story, but I plan to do less there, minimal editing after the thorough edit but it is a nightmare of formatting.

I started to do an article, but I am beyond traditional math, it is a wast of my time.
Its been a while since I posted a chapter, so here is another chapter from last days of the mississippi river zombie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AHCfZTRGiI

Chapter 20

Last span is compromised

Coming back by small boat over rough water-stormy seas

Becky and Mason look over the flat bottomed pirogue.  “It don’t be so stable as a canoe, being its for still waters of the swamp,” the old Cajun says.
“Can all 3 of us get in?”
“Don’t be includin’ me in your crazy plan, I be staying here where its safe.”
“The gas…” Becky says.
“It not be bothering me and things across the river seem not too good,” as if to punctuate  his comment the sound of gunfire sounded distantly echoing across the river and then abruptly it stopped.
“But,” mason began.  It was too late, the Cajun had walked off. 
“There’s nothing you can do.”
Then, there is yellow gas topping the levee and coming down toward them, “Look!”
“We have to get him.”
“It’s too late.”  But Mason runs toward where the Cajun disappeared.  He gets there.  Nothing.
“Where did he go?” Becky says, then she starts coughing.
Mason looks around and then back at Becky then at the small boat, already with the yellow gas brushing against it.  “We have to go,”
Both coughing, they push the boat into the shallows and then jump in.  Almost immediately, the tiny boat is seized by the current and Mason paddles furiously to get it going across the river and away from the smoke.
 Setting off in piroux, slightly gassed from attempt to get through.  Gas is beginning to cross the levee making it impossible to stay.
Bridge collapse while in the pirox swamps it leaving you to wonder if they make it across or not.
The ship crashes into the remaining span as the marine trucks come up  to it and a quarter of the span crashes into the water with the relief pumps.
The ship keeps going then the bottom hits the underwater wreckage for the collapsed bridge and the ship spins into the riverwalk where its propellers connect explosively.


No comments:

Post a Comment