Pages

Sunday, October 25, 2020

Day 323 of the apocalypse and Dussehra, the triumph

Yesterday I rode, then swam.  Today I rode and lifted weights and rode again.  Always in search of a few minutes sleep, never finding it.  I do feel on that last and steepest, longest hill up I got close to some endpoint of things, but not yet.

I have my work cut out for me, the 7 days I had left, at least technically, have been cut down to 3, but I think I can do it, no work of art, but a work of adequacy, buying quite a bit of time, a year or two.

Dussehra is particularly appropriate to this point in time, so I wanted to share it.

I mean to discuss a different evil, but then there is you and I.  I do not want to be evil, nor do I want to see triumph where compromise is more appropriate.

There is evil in me.  Demeaning the person you respect more than anyone else, this would be something that only a sick person would do, and yet I have done it without thinking.  I hope I did it without realizing it, at least I hope I started that way.

I'd like to be done lying, that doesn't mean I'm done with love.



I am not going to deny love.  When do I find out I am done with love, when does anyone know?  Even on our deathbeds we look for a reprieve and if this exercise doesn't kill me, I am not close; nor am I close to giving up.


No comments:

Post a Comment