Pages

Monday, October 26, 2020

Day 324 of the apocalyspe Global warming

I have more than 500 draft posts,.
Some start like this:

Why 4. 5 Billion Years of Fluctuating Global Temperatures Can't Explain Climate Change Today http://flip.it/1WS.rG

Maybe I will talk about that, I think today I will do a chronology.
I woke up and had my coffee.
I took a shower after the biking and weights so I did not shower, this morning, that will come back later in this short blog.
 I was anxious to get the work done that I set out to get finished originally by Halloween and now by Wednesday.
Over the morning I managed to finish the design and drafting work on electromagnetism and its relationship to fusion which was gratifying.
Then I went to eat and came back to a homeless person sitting on my porch.  He also had not showered, a kindred spirit.  I said I would come back to that.  It was an awful thing to witness, him sitting there like he owned the place with his shoes off in a bucket, smelling for all the world like he had not showered in weeks.  People don't need to shower, but he was filthy.
I did not chase him off, but neither did I engage with him.
He volunteered that he did not know I was there, and suggested he was there to consult with me.  I asked him about what and without listening for long determined, well confirmed my determination that there was no reason to continue the conversation and referred him elsewhere which was all an act since he had just found a place to sit and neither of us expected anything from one another.
Later in the day he would come back and case my car.
Before that, however, I finished enough of the paper so that all I have left is to renumber and organize the parts that were already filed and are, therefore, only supplementary.  If I can finish that early tomorrow, I can file the first one and then there is the onerous task of cutting the second paper down to 30-60 pages from 130.  I have already largely planned that process, so I feel comfortable I can finish it Wednesday before the storm.
Then I swam, not a terrible swim, 2400 yards, then I walked.  I ate my dinner, a banana, while I walked.  At the bottom of the walk, before the uphill climb I put on the two videos which I had only grazed when they were sent and they kept me going, as much knowing where they came from and knowing how they could give some peace, the scars as passengers, like the scars on my heart, there was something in the second one also, but I cannot remember what it was; something about not wanting regrets which was troubling, but it was nice to hear something upbeat.
I am avoiding even the jokes about the election at this point in time, things have gotten so out of hand, some unbelievable, even in a world driven by inevitability; this world seems hopelessly stupid.
If I do keep to my schedule, I will have almost a week to prepare for my meetings; that is good.  I don't know that it will help so much because I only need a day or two.   Perhaps I will pick up one of my books and write.  I would like that, I think.  I have spent too much time on the science, now I feel like I've reached a resting point.   I've said that before, but I tied up the last of the quantum loose ends today and don't really have any plans for any others.
And that is that, that was my day.  Day 324 of the apocalypse.


No comments:

Post a Comment