Pages

Tuesday, March 9, 2021

On birthdays

On the eve of a birthday, I find an old blog on birthdays.
For me, 1 weighed in at 174, a pound under my first target weight and somehow managed to squeak out 2000 yards (1000 im) after a hard bike ride and weights a day ago, so I am where I am.
A little tired and a little worn, but still here.

July 13, 2013
Did I remember your birthday
if not, how come a week before
I hopedyou'd do whatever was fun
I know what I want
it has little to do with
what I need to do
the difference is not subtle
a matter of what you wanted vs what you did
spend my time making myself better
for me for you make myself better
ok maybe it is for you
I spend all of my time thinking about you
about what you said in your e-mail to days ago
what you said 30 years ago
wondering what you thought then
what are you thinking now
wondering how much richer our lives should be
and whether it is worth hoping that one day
our lives will be what they could be now
or if that is just a waste of time

No comments:

Post a Comment