Pages

Friday, March 26, 2021

Life as a function of Time

This has been a really tough week.  My back is pulled which makes me feel like I'm 100 years old.  No 1000 years old.  I'm planning on trying to swim for the first time in a week today, not even sure if that will be possible or not or what it will feel like afterwards.  I only know that it goes away after it happens so it will go away.
I've also had as much rejection as I can stand this week; but there is, perhaps, more to come; but probably not today.  Please not today.  None of the worst, but it is unpleasant and there should have been one of 4 and the other, well it had a purpose which might yet be met.  The other 4 I don't understand, but I will see where it goes now but I have no particular plan.  And yet...
There is so much frigging promise in what is left after that was gone.
https://angel.co/today/stories/a-brief-history-of-semiconductors-how-the-us-cut-costs-and-lost-the-leading-edge-40322?email_uid=2228090352&utm_campaign=platform_digest-daily&utm_content=a-brief-history-of-semiconductors-how-th&utm_medium=email&utm_source=platform_digest-daily&utm_term=
I can turn this around, just me and my science.  But I don't know how I will do it the way things stand and I can barely think through the pain which isn't going anywhere.

I swam, it is amazing how counter-intuitive it is to work up to flip turns and an hour of swimming.  I did 2000 yards, but only 500 im; most of it was an easy to moderate warm up pace and the ims though helpful were extremely difficult.
Afterwards I could walk upright, but not without some stiffness and if I don't spend the evening laying flat on a hard surface I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like.  I can already feel everything beginning to stiffen up and I am not laying down much as I need to be flat on a hard surface.  I'm too tired, too frustrated, too sad and maybe too angry to do what I need to do.

This has been a very difficult week where a lot of the progress I was making fell aside due to the crowds and then this illness.  Things overall are both better than they have ever been and as bleak as I could possibly imagine them to be.

I seem to have been in a similar mood in August, 8 years ago.  Where did the time go, where did everything go?


8/7/13
I have experienced in my life and I have observed in the greater society the effects of something which could be religious in nature but which I would say is more likely to be a function of time and consciousness in a singularity based system.  While differentiating between god and the combined intelligence of the universe over all time concentrated at a single spot might be impossible to differentiate from a practical standpoint; it might be said that one is a partial explanation of the other at least.
How else can we explain how as individuals we are so intelligent but as a group we are unable to manage our affairs without war, prejudice and submission to random passions?  I have explored in another work, China's Weaponized Economy, the question of applying intelligence to address these types of problems.  Interestingly, that involved the application of time to the decision making process.

No comments:

Post a Comment