Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Hurricane Season...again

It's that time of year again.  To the average person, this involves checking to make sure your insurance is paid up, buying a jug of water, a jar of peanut butter and a loaf of bread...and maybe calling Vern up in Tennessee and asking if he wouldn't mind you coming up for an extended stay.

Some of us, however are trapped on the Gulf and have to oil our generators, make sure they'll run, and lay in what we hope will take us through the extended unknown.   There are candles to locate, batteries to rebuy, matches; well think of it as getting ready to throw a birthday party for six year olds.

I cannot say that the storms have not blown equal parts joy and misery my way; the joy being so great that the misery can be accepted.  Still, when the winds begin to blow and the clouds build over the coast, I sometime long for the West Coast, and wonder if you will meet me when I go there.

I continue to work on the E-hologram universe.  It is slow, but I still hope for a late August or early September publication date with plenty of new information, some of which gets posted, but much of which will await the publication.  Hopefully, the storms of August won't delay it.

No comments:

Post a Comment