Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2013

risk and trust

Every once in a while, I have to stop with just a draft.

what am I willing
to risk to have you
how much can I give
of myself to you
can I allow myself
to fully love only you
why should I trust you
with all my heart
if I share my dreams
who will protect them
from becoming nightmares
what are the conditions
today and tomorrow
what guarantees do I have
that I'll keep your love
we both have options
perhaps there are too many
and why should I trust you
not to run off again
what is love worth
when we can armor our hearts
Only share part of me
or to risk everything
and hope that is safe
trust that trust is returned
there are plans for the future
I have to make it safe
to enjoy you now
and what could change
there is no security
for you to post
in exchange for my walls
and my defenses
I have to surround me
is there a definition
of safely committing
or is it a leap of faith
without seeing the ledge
where you hold forth
your heart for mine

No comments:

Post a Comment