Pages

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Turning my back on peace

I made a decision which affected my Thanksgiving holiday to beat my plowsheers and pruning hooks into swords.  It is important when one undertakes an adversarial role to pull ones mind from the diversions of peace and focus them on the enemy.  I do not use that word lightly.  It is not an enemy I made, but instead one that that made its corporate mind up against me.  I am baffled to be its selected target, but it is time to place my natural timidity aside and so I have begun to spend my time on other undertakings.  The process towards the floating car you are hoping to get from me has come to an end for a time, or at least is hampered, except to the extent that the war will direct me to come up with weapons of intellect in place of those brutal ones of metal and words.
I cannot ask anyone to support me in this undertaking who does not want to, anymore than I can truly be upset that no country has built me a laboratory in some dormant volcano.  But I have to harden myself against those who will not support me just as I must harden myself against those feelings of compassion and peace which are anathema to the warrior.
So do not ask of me what you would not ask of someone else who is at war, for it is not in me to do everything and not everything at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment