Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

up early

It is all darkness
there is a special life
walking by private trees
rarely seen birds complain
unhappy with my presence
worry not angry birds
my disabilities wake me
refusing me rest
along with my thoughts
one if not the other
disturb the living escape
while you sleep on
moving gingerly
over unseen paths
prowl night dark streets
even the coming dawn
hides behind walls from me
only at the end
will I possibly see
with coming dawn
the arrival of barristas
is that owl i hear
far in the distance
finally home bound
from hunting house pets
even as i finish
Soon the roads will fill
the air filled with noise
others looking for something
in the light of day
which they can hold
but for now
shrouded in darkness
they belong to me alone


No comments:

Post a Comment