Pages

Thursday, April 6, 2017

Beautiful Ruins

There are some reference in the title book that approach what is  true of the universe in terms of time and connectivity.  It's an interesting book which shows what you get when peolple fumble with the ideas behind AuT and a book which had a particular message to me of what is wrong with morality, desire vs moral intention.
There is, however, a fly in the ointment, the inability to accept the moral imperatives of duty; the need to give up the past and the inability to escape the changes forced upon me.
Tonight I decided I want to add a musical number (fictionally) to my book and I decided I would jazz it up some in the telling of the performance but I have to find what exists of musical style histories from 2500 year ago.  I think it not out of place to imagine an eric clapton of the lute, after a fashion; some sort of operatic vocals and the like, things that would largely have been lost to time perhaps.
Could there not have been a "sailing away of the ice of a new day" performance since at least the flute after a fashion, if not Jethro Tull's version, then someone who might have done something an I heard Figaro performed in a way that was very rappish.
So today's post is not about physics, its about the practical aspects of living trapped within an amber of our own making instead of the background amber that provides supersymetry to the strange composit of free will and entropy that we live in.
It is depressing to see too much, I envy the savages that believe in one or more gods that they can turn to; a weakness that I share because I pray for some paths to be given to me even though I know I must build them myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment