Pages

Friday, December 13, 2013

cruelty

The world is a cruel place
you can throw yourself
on your chopping block
I will rescue you if I can
but I stand by in silence

whether I can or cannot
our place is the frontline
of duty, of change, of living
we are both holy beings
who will not be held back

too quick to anger
too partient to wait
does feeling mean anything
if caring is a problem
then we are demons

say change without changing
you refuse to stop me
from throwing you overboard
from being a martyr
from martyring you

you only get to decide
when and how I go
because we will both go
as surely as the life
eventually end in death

passion is our driving force
for good and for naught
you can no more sit
and take life than I can
we suffer together

whether you believe or not
we will both die together
or we will die apart
challenging some force
we cannot overcome

death is the only rest
for our restless souls
that and momentary respites
that we found together
or with someone else

the rest between the sound
and the explosion of time
that is who I am
if it isn't who you are
then I don't know you

and you think i don't know
what love is what its not
for you saved my life
and if loving you is evil
then I am the devil

No comments:

Post a Comment