Pages

Saturday, December 7, 2013

Non-linear time theory and words and music

The words and music program put on by the Faulkner society was exceptional this year.
It's hard to properly credit the authors, editors, publishers, speakers and attendees.  It is a fantastic program and I am humbled to have played a minor role in the presentation among such literary figures.
It was everything fun, scary, educational and all too short; especially as I had to leave early.

Even New Orleans had donned its holiday finery and appeared even more magical than it normally does, or was it just the people I saw that made everything so bright, colorful and me so optimistic?

I will post my speech in sections, but I want to give credit to a friend of mine, who remains anonymous only until I find out it is desired otherwise, who pointed out that my use of Dichotomy paradox as an example of infinite series dated back to Zeno's paradox (Zeno 490-430 BC) and that he provided the original hologram universe concepts by showing through paradox that motion might be an illusion.

This little snippit added a fun dimension to the presentation, especially following on the heels of the incredibly entertaining Reza Aslan and his "historical recreation" of Jesus in "Zealot:The life and times of Jesus of Nazareth" which was the lunch speech before mine.

He took a lot of pressure off of me since his presentation was so good I knew I didn't have to try too hard since mine would not be nearly as entertaining no matter what I did.

Nevertheless, it went well, was fun, was taken in the good spirit in which it was offered and was the first live presentation of many of the concepts developed in the first edition of the Einstein Hologram Universe and later in this blog, soon to be incorporated in the second edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment