Pages

Sunday, April 12, 2015

19 pages

I am rocketing toward completion.  There are only so many pages left to edit.  This has been an  exercise, to write an essentially finished book in 30 days, well essentially 30 days.  It has been too close to look at the actual start date and the fact that I can identify the remaining pages is gratifying.  I previously decided to focus both on the uncertain 30 days as well as a specific target, April 22, for personal reasons and then I can do what I wish with it, primarily I envision setting it aside till I'm ready to edit it into a true novel.  Given a minimal novel size of 40,000 words, it would be possible to eviscerate the remaining pages today and thereby force the goal, but it is better to set a deadline based on something more dramatic, even though the 22nd will not be all that dramatic.
For those of you who might read this one day, I will give a spoiler (spoiler alert): I am not going to post the ending.  (anti-spoiler alert) There are, you see, two endings to this book.  Both are written already and both will be parts of the finished work.  You don't elect the two, you merely read one ending and then you have a "bonus ending".    For those of you who need both endings to enjoy something, you might as well stop here.  Or then again, who knows what I'll do.

No comments:

Post a Comment