Pages

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The cruel muse

Why does the universe
prove my irrelevance
why does it answer
all the wrong question
the reason for the world
nothing more
than a complex solution
to an irreverant math problem
there is no magic
there is no point
there is no romance
just a single algorithm
spun toward infinity
totally out of control
but isn't that love
I wrote my math
to the Greek muse
a series of love letter
because I didn't know
any other way to say it
she did something very Greek
and stood like a statue
ignoring my needs
and leaving me
with a physics
that defines random
that defines entropy
that defines love
and choice and life
happiness and sadness
all the same way
in terms of something
an over riding purpose
a mathematical irony
built around one thing
infinites series
balance between two
converging and diverging
so even infinity is defeated
and in my love letters
i answered everything
just for the greek muse
who laughed to know
what i was finding
was a cosmic emptiness
much greater
than the emptiness of space

No comments:

Post a Comment