Pages

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

The absence of poetry

I don't know whether you miss the poetry or whether it comes as something of a relief.  I have not discontinued the poetry, just to spare the reader, it is being left un-posted.  Is that a kindness?
If I don't get feedback, I can still write.  I am beginning to understand that writing is not about feedback.  If I can truly understand that then I believe I will become a better writer.
This is all about getting in touch with my soul and releasing to some extent or another the ego; or at least that part of the ego that seeks to have the written word read.  The writing needs to be for its own sake.
Not so with the poetry.  The heart sings, but the singing was for someone else.
You shouldn't be able to abandon me and get poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment