Pages

Saturday, September 4, 2021

4/55

I slept fitfully even after the swim yesterday and even after hitting the targets.  Today everything has been off my desk, so I have some breathing room over the weekend.  My heart hurt this morning, probably a pulled muscle, but who really knows when their lease is up?

A theft bothers me greatly, the invasion of my space even as I remember that all of the horrible things in my life had led me inextricably to the place where I find myself, unique in so many ways, unwanted in others, but strangely necessary.  And throughout the bleakest of times there were the best of times.  I am compiling a list of candidates and then trying to find a way to forgive or at least forget it.

I am anxious to leave even though I am still compiling the things I need.  I would leave today if I could.  Something about being on the road.  All those things, what I need....

I traveled when I was younger by motorcycle, a largely reliable R-50, welded under weird circumstances which I will not get into here, to hold a back pack, more than half the weight taken up with tools to keep it running.  I suppose I have gotten soft in my old age.

 Even though there are years of work to do, it is time to get to the issue of filing today.  There will always be more and always a tomorrow; but things are at the breaking point either way.  October looms large even as September has just begun and it is time to do some filing and printing and editing and even a little bit of discussing.  I am not sure that I can do what needs to be done,

10/29 is a real deadline of sorts; but the actual deadline is 2/3/22; almost 5 months off so there's that too.  I am in an enviable position although I know of no one who envies me.


This thing which may not be a thing at all is coinciding with my trip and may well result in some change.  There are 4 days till I leave and this map projects 5 days into the future.

I may revisit this post in the future, there is much to do yet this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment