Pages

Saturday, September 11, 2021

49 plus 2

Early morning.
I finished travelling yesterday into this wilderness (with internet access) and spent the afternoon hiking the nearby woods, moving out of site of the property and everything else rather qickly.
I made extensive notes            coming out, perhaps they will make it here eventualy.  The one I will include here is that crossing into mountain time i turned on the radio to a mexican radio which i listened to with very little understanding until paying attention to the twists and turns became more important than seeing how much my subconscious could reawaken.
The tiny mosquitos that live here and the flies annoy us, me and the dog.
The house is owned by a geologist so there are rocks considered interesting all around me.   A color changing mineral will make it into my technical work should I have the opportunity to learn more about it.
News has be largely non-existent the last two days, perhaps i will hear more today.  
There is plenty of work and I at least laid things out yesterday evening; falling asleep late, but avoiding a silly scare as i organized my possessions.  It will be another hot afternoon; but it was cold this morning.
The lesson of yeserday was to open the south eastern curtains in the morning to heat the house to save gas in the winder, to stay at the house if it snowed, things which I may not need.
There is sorgum corn growing wild in the rocks from bird seed that washed down the hill.

Whe i arived here i was no sooner finshed with the meal I brought, an oversalted but delicious looking combination plate before i was up on the roof helping to diagnose and repair an air conditioner leak. It gave me a chance to do a panoramic video ot the area around this house which appears totaly isolated, but not as remote as when you cross one of the nearby ridges and all vestiges of civilization disappear.
There were dozens of hummingbirds feeding yesterday.

Chalcedony-quartz crypto crystiline
bi pyramidal prizms

These are things I have already added to my list of what is on the agenda.
The dog is at home here, I am not.
I learned of all  the things t hat need to be done, chlorine her, a chlorox type table there, this pump lever on, these to trun off and the hoses to drain and disconnect, I got some supplies, the list of supplies that are there; I got my work out for the first time to look over it.
Tomorrow I should get a refresher on what to do.
I am already a bit disoriented (the inner ear probleem) and concerned about staying here.  And yet...if you coudl see the beauty of where I am working, the desert stretech out before me to volcanos, the fleets of hummingbirds, the occasional strange butterfly, hawks on teh wing.
Even so, this morning I walked the dog with howls of coyotes everywhere.
It is terrifying in its lonliness and I feel  it coming on like a giant wave to a swimmer, it is invisible but just as terrifying.
It is so easy to get turned around in the aroyos and even on the ridges around here.
If you were here, perhaps then it woudl be the garden of eden, but in truth it is the shock of being thrown out of a type of eden, a place where everything was ordered.
The cold of the morning was replace by the bruthal sun and heat of the day and now it is almost the cold of the evening.
What next fate?

No comments:

Post a Comment