Pages

Tuesday, September 14, 2021

46 plus 5/16

I am in a very different place where past images lose significance.   Today is Tuesday, but Monday is largely lost even though I did things.  Time gets lost here.

I am trying to figure out a lot of things.  In w very real sense, you are my foundation, if not my truth and it is hard to turn away from that.  What is a building without a foundation except a pile of rubble or an accident waiting to happen.  What does that mean in the end if I ignore it.

I missed Monday here in terms of posting; but much of this was typed yesterday.  It is before sunrise again.  The picture below is from yesterday, but to the extent you can call this monotonous, the sunrise is similar.  The weather changed, the wind started blowing just as the owners left, just as they said it would.  

This morning the sky was fluorescent just before the sun rose.   The mosquitos took a while to turn up, the wind perhaps.  I let them chase us in as the dog seemed ready and I had walked him more than I wanted since he seemed hesitant to start on his own and even the fenced part of the yard looks alien to my eye and perhaps to his.

I managed to fix the blogger display problem by going through search-blogger instead of the app which seems counterintuitive since the app was designed for this platform.

I woke today at 5 yesterday (local time, closer to my normal biorhythms according to my old local time.  There was no chance of slipping back into oblivion, so I took the first shower in a while which felt good and thoughts of pump failures, on-off valves, refilling tanks, running out of propane, water filter gaskets, and the other half civilization features of this place ensured that even clean with a sleeping dog next to  me would not get me back to sleep.

This morning I slept till about the same, my watch tells me I had 8 hours and 22 minutes of sleep, 42 min deep; 6 hours of light, 1.5 hours of REM and 3 min awake.  Surprising myself, I slept better with the house to myself. 

Last night, though too dark to see, I navigated my way to the living room, light would have woken the others.  There were open doors with screens that provide evidence if not protection against intrusion and the cool air of the morning.  It was too dark for me to start working outside, the stars blazed in the sky where the moon had set.  Within a while, that changed and the sky looked like this:


This morning, it was similar, but I opened the windows to let the cool air in before the sun rendered it counter productive to cooling the house, a 3 window flow through airing out the ghosts of the owners and letting mine in.
What is missing from that picture?  The dog sleeps at my feet, the weather is good for me and apparently the mosquitos who are not really mosquitos by the standards of home, coffee, water...what?  There is only one cup.



No comments:

Post a Comment