Pages

Thursday, September 2, 2021

6/57

 Well, well.  It is under a week now and I find myself up at 5 am whittling down that document.  I would like to finish that work today and tomorrow; but I am thinking more in terms of next week despite my interest in moving this thing forward and having some breathing room to make sure everything else gets done.

I did 32 minutes on the rowing machine, a difficult undertaking made easier because there was a group doing exercises that moved outside so I could watch them in the high humidity giving me a comparative place from which to observe.  I also finished doing some back exercises and moderate weights, nothing too extreme, I had already done enough.

I continue to do packing, although the big challenge now is deciding what warm weather gear to bring and what to leave behind.  I understand there will be some stuff I can borrow which makes me lean towards less than more; but there are options, skiing and the like.  The anticipation and excitement makes your absence easier to bear and I can trade you for loneliness and whatever pleasures that holds for me.  I know many things can go wrong between now and then, but there are only 6 days till I start and starting is a beginning, as it were.

I redid drawings yesterday, looking at some of these weird equivalents.  It is an exhausting exercise and it shows how the math won't stop giving as long as one takes the opportunity to observe it.

72 plus 47 today.  I could live with that for the 6 day deadline.  Don't plan on it, but could be done.  A little artwork and I  cut that 47 down to 69 plus 31 with formatting, editing and consolidation including moving the new and improved index out of the document.

That sort of makes it ready to go at day 5, no way I want to do that tonight.  An interesting position to be in, although there is so very much more to do...

I have already made some additions, but I could do this forever and the goal is to have something out of the way and to have a print out to take into the desert.

I swam, broke the very strong rubber cable, knew I'd do it eventually.  I may take a version of that to NM with me, one more thing to look for, the parts necessary to put it together in case.

I have a long list, need to decide on the right coat (s), the cables for swimming, the charger station and the cables to go with it including for the swimming gear if that makes it, goggle, the secondary pair or the primary pair.

Even though I'll face the 57 day deadline, I go knowing that the deadline I meet today will give me months if I decide to take advantage of that, but it is a lot to look at, a lot to think about and I suppose in the end the 57 day deadline is a hard deadline in part if not in whole and for that I will have plenty to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment