Pages

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

coffee 33 dark nights

Only 3 days to the halfway point (60 days without coffee). 11 days till the mayan calendar winds down (this millinea anyway).

Dark night dark thoughts
I was forced to give you up
when you challenged me
I lie here sleepless
Thinking of your dark surface
I remember how smooth it felt
As I rolled it between my fingers
how your hidden tendrals
wrapped around my heart
and the pain and bleeding
when i had to rip them loose
And now how many others
will share your warmth
the sweet bitterness of your taste
which i find myself denied
i allow myself to think about you
what it would be like to be with you again
for a brief moment i am transported back
then i am forced to face the truth
knowing that everyone else shares you
and the night is filled with darkness
because the light of day
will certainly dawn without you

(it's about the coffee, :)

No comments:

Post a Comment