Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

my road to virtue and back Chapter 6-before dispair

My life has been a serries of conflicts.  I suppose for those who have what they want perhaps this is not the case.  But for those of us who have settled for something or who have been trapped into something, no matter how wonderful or special it is, life in the trap is always about getting out to some extent.
Of course, if there is nothing outside of the trap, then escape often seems pointless.  In my life, that was and was not the case.  I do not mean to be mysterious.  What was outside was another person.  For now it doesn't matter whether it was male or female, romantic or not.  They were unobtainable for several reasons, some historic, some misconceptions, some the result of societal mores which require more than a single chapter to put into context.  The same African sun and gulf water which were conspiring to bring me to virtue were getting ready to kick the other person's ass which, in thinking about it, seems to be the purpose of all of this.
But it is sunny, it is hot in the sun, but nice and cool otherwise and I am being talked into a business deal by someone who I like, someone who is naturally likeable, but who is as likely as not to drag everyone around him down and I should know better.  Unfortunately, I am one of those people who goes into life with a light heart and am easily beguiled and have little fear of the evil of man despite having been victimized directly and not since I was a child by every form of evil.  I have seen prejudice and experienced it first hand even to the point of violence.  I have witnessed every form of crime and corruption.  And yet, even the most disreputable person begins each meeting with a clean slate, so I am doomed.

No comments:

Post a Comment