Pages

Friday, May 5, 2017

Baffling Readers and a nice quote about AuT

So I'm always baffled by the posts that get attention, but moreso by those that don't.
My last post described how gravity exists using supersymetry and it gets mediocre attention.
It boggles.
I have an advert for my latest book.  Only took half a century to write.  I've written a book from start to publish in 4 weeks (45,000 words, but still a book) and I've written a book that took 50 years to finish.  I suppose I got distracted.
An interesting sidenote is that the main characters in the last three books (there are actually 4 different sections) are based on an exercise I took in a writing class.
The cover was supposed to show a naked bird woman, but, alas, my artist let me down.  And you can hardly blame me for getting impatient after 50 years.

While discussing god periodically, I point on the pointlessness in an AuT universe of talking about manmade gods.  This isn't because there is no god, only because faith is the result of super-symetry just like everything else we experience and therefore it's built into the system.  Whether you are a believer destined to be trapped as a virgin forever with some crazed marter or a nun who has some more grandiose plans for the afterlife, the god you believe in is a predetermined myth and that is how it should be with a true god.  "All powerful" sort of indicates knowing what's going to happen next or at least being able to figure it out.  What that means is that trillions of years before you were born, god knew how you'd end up.  Note AuT shows the big bang is just one of a series, leading to the trillions thing.
Now the Son of god myth in this situation has some neat features.  All of us are descended from the same algorithm, the algorithm exists in g-space, so we all sort of fill the role of the son of god or the result of god which is sort of the same thing to the extent that the algorithm and its holding pen represent a god of sorts..

This post, aside from being a plug for my latest book (only 2.99 on kindle-but it is just science fiction, not the good stuff) is commentary on these articles that talk about how "grand designish" the universe is.  AuT more or less proves that the universe's grand design is just a very simple algorithm intertwined to the point that the windings and unwindings on quantum levels cannot be experienced except as apparent randomness.  That's actually a pretty important quote, so let me say it a bit more forcefully:
 "AuT proves that the universe's grand design is just a very simple algorithm intertwined to the point that the windings and unwindings on quantum levels cannot be experienced except as apparent randomness."
I do have a knack for "turning a phrase."

To my book:
https://www.amazon.com/Notes-Venus-Terraforming-Gregory-Friedlander-ebook/dp/B072L5CSZ6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493985074&sr=8-1&keywords=notes+on+venus

And to the article which has a misplaced view of the universe (not that they can help it)

http://conservativetribune.com/physicist-bombshell-god-like/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=PostSideSharingButtons&utm_content=2017-04-30&utm_campaign=websitesharingbuttons


 amazon link

No comments:

Post a Comment