Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

B.G. Wang-How I won the war with America

Yes, the story of how I came to be in America from a small village in China is an interesting one and begins my young life of espionage, but it will come later.  You must understand that I had no specific training on how to overthrow America.  Then I was only a child, not the man you see before you now.  I was small as many Chinese are and thin. My English was heavily accented; the product of a single American teacher, a coward perhaps, who had fled the fighting of WWII before even Bataan to live with his lover in her remote village.  But he was a smart man who mastered chinese and taught us children well the knowledge of the great eastern sages, Mao, Sun Tzu, Confucius, Siddhartha and others as well as the lesser sages of the West, Stalin, Lenin, Franklin and Marx.
But his was a single voice and was tainted by the voices of dozens of family and friends, now mere wraiths in the fog of time.
I was alone and found myself in a port city of San Francisco.  Then it was a great city; the Oakland factories turning out goods that sailed around the world, not the warehouse for Chinese goods that it would become from my efforts.  It was young and beautiful and the people worked hard.  It was a mighty challenge to think I was sent alone here to overthrow this country which extended so far to the east it seemed to go on forever and appeared so rich from my vantage point.  The poorest man on the street seemed to drive a large car and have rolls of the green dollars that were so valuable.  The people all worked hard at the factories which had plenty of work.  And in this, I was to see the great weakness of the country which I was soon to exploit.
There are people coming, I must leave, but I will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment