Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

embrace regret

All the things I should have done
All the things I failed to do
All the roads I failed to take
All the choices made me quake
Because of me you are not here
Because of you I live in fear
All of these things made me
I embrace them
because without them I don't exist
The other life is someone else
I will never be them
I cannot live their life
My life is one of terrible remorse
I regret the love i did not get
The chances I did not take
the risks where I failed
Where I was born
and where i will die
even though i am not there yet
I regret all of these things
the choices that failed to come to me
the opportunities that failed
those failures made me who i am
the sun shines on my face
it will never shine on the other one
the one where things happened
differently
that person can never feel my pain or joy
that person cannot sit and worry
about all of the things they failed to do
nor can they rejoice in their great success
or the little things that make me smile
there is only me
i embrace regret
i am the only one who can

No comments:

Post a Comment