Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2013

How I won the war with the United States-B.G. Wang

Ah so-I am back on track
The circumstances of my being wisked away from my comfortable home in the mountains and finding myself in the forbidden city i will save for later.
For now, I will tell you that I found myself sitting in front of the person who I will name later.  Me BG Wang, but a child still, sitting before one of the minor politburo of the Grand Chinese Ruling Counsel of the Chinese Communist Party in what I was sure must be the largest city in the world.  It was not at the time, but it soon would be the center of the world.
"You see, Wang" he was saying-and I was not even capable of hearing at the time I was so out of sorts with this series of events, "this man Nixon, who is but a temporary ruler in the United States is opening his country up to us. Do you know what that means?"
I realize now he was trying to make sure I was paying attention, like a teacher who calls on his students.  At the time, however, I was in awe, in fear.  I did not know at the time what a pig this man was and what he would become and what he would do to me and my family and what I would be forced to do for him (overthrow the United States) and without getting credit for it.  I did not realize that this man who I held above all other men was nothing more than a minor government official who I would raise through my actions alone to be a major figure in the Communist Party which itself would be corrupted under his influence.
"Well, answer me Wang! Or should I throw you in the Hunan river with the other silent Carp."
"I do not understand what it means," I stuttered in my most humble voice dropping my child's eyes to the top of his desk where rice grains from his last meal were mixed with what I now know to be irrelevant papers with ink stains on them and stains from the liquor he already was sneaking into his office.
"Oh how can they do this to me," he said referring to his surperiors I now suppose.  "They send me an idiot boy to do a man's work.  I will not be held responsible for this failure I tell you."
Then he looked back at me as if remembering I was there.  "It means, Wang the Carp, that the Americans are opening their country up to their biggest enemy, the only enemy ever to defeat them.  We did defeat them in Korea you know?"
I realized he was waiting for a reply. "I do know that"
"Do you know that we hold Korea so we have a wedge into their alliance?  No, you would not know that and it is better you do not.  You will undoubtedly blurt out everything you know to the first person you meet in America."
One thing pierced my consciousness.  He was saying I would be in America!  How many years of training would this involve, I wondered, when would I see my family again.
As if reading my mind he said, "You will sail for Japan and then America within the week.  There it will be your job to figure out how to overthrow the United States and you will report back to me."
"But.." I stammered.  He glowered down at me. I could not think of what to say and with tears in my eyes I said the only thing that came to mind, "I am just a child!"
"Ha!  A child. They send me a child to do a man's work.  But do this you will or your entire family will suffer, indeed they will be put to death if you fail."

No comments:

Post a Comment