Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

I've written all the love poems there are

I've written you all the poems I have in me
I written everything that can be written about love
And I wrote them all to you
And what is it you wanted after all
a love based on friendship
or did you want one based on passion
what is it you really expect from me
someone who would be there to support you
and someone for you to support in turn
two people who are both better together
to make the world and each other something more
or someone to pound on you mercilessly
night after night for hours at a time
to kiss you lightly and wrap arms around gently
till something rose between us too strong to resist
and didn't we have both for a time
and which is really love
or is real love a little of both
but that is something we'll never know
because I've written all the poems there are
there is not another poem in me

No comments:

Post a Comment