Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

moving on

Why ask me to move on
from where I've been
for the last 30 years
because it makes sense to you
some people are flighty
changing lovers like socks
as soon as a new pair is on
they forget about the old ones
others are victims of eternity
they rail against the storms
of time, of insincerity, of doubt
not because they can
they have no choice
They don't jump
from the runaway train
abandoned by others
who stay true
only when convenient
they find true love
only in their best interest
and yet you ask me to risk
all that I believe
for something not worth
the least of my possessions
don't ask me
to condemn lovers
who ride the winds
of passion they can't control
I will read the stars at night
and take their counsel
tomorrow or the next day
love will come again
from some unforeseen direction
and for not the first time
I will not forget you
but see through your façade
and remember true love
can exist because only one
feels it understands it and gives it
and perhaps one day
I too will move on
but likely I will not

No comments:

Post a Comment