Pages

Friday, April 4, 2014

coffee 7

I'm not keeping much of a log of my caffeine free days.  After giving it up before, its easier this time.  I really don't miss it unless someone offers me a sweet role or maybe I'm eating spicy thai food for lunch.  My mind is more clear, I can't sleep for all the things whirling in my head I need to do, the books I need to write, the equations that need to be solved, the love that threatens to burst my heart open, the constant fears and doubts and financial crisis that I face and that I see on the horizon.  Compared to those things, what matters a little coffee.
Tonight a glass of red wine, talking to a friend, all of that fades away for a minute and I live instead of living in fear.  I grow stronger instead of rotting from the inside.  The coffee is gone, I remain after 7 days.  Perhaps things will be better and I will welcome May with a cup of joe, but for now I am content with fermented grapes and fermenting passions.

No comments:

Post a Comment