Pages

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Farther away

Every day apart
you seem farther away
whether geographically closer
I am conscious of your absence
when the wind blows through my hair
I remember your hands
and when i had hair
when the birds sing
and it isn't too annoying
i remember our conversations
which were not limited by sleep
when were together we did not need rest
we gave each other a fundamental energy
that cannot be replaced by coffee or drugs
or masked by alcohol or sleep
perhaps not even by death
when i look out at the world
rock and green, blue sky and grey
I remember all the colors of your body
the changing color of your eyes
the features that change with your mood
the texture of your skin
and how it changed as my eyes and my hands
moved from you neck downard
or from the bottom up
and when i lie sleepless at night
i remember what it was like
to lie sleepless in your arms
to conquer exhaustion with passion
and when I taste something exotic
i remember the sweetness of your lips
the salt of your skin
the strange smells and tastes
that we shared together
and which are now so far away

No comments:

Post a Comment