Pages

Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Hurricane Season

Events and time tie us together
we never completely escape each other
any more than the coast
can escape the storms of summer
If I cannot escape from you
why is it so easy for you to drift away
you are lightening and wind blown rain
tossing my life helplessly about
I am afraid when I see you coming
I miss your fury and power when you are gone
I wonder if I can live with you
and I know I can't live without you
you renew me when everything about me is old
the season has come again
when I wait in vain for signs of you
when my heart races when I think you are near
I fear and yearn at the same time
Knowing you will destroy my life
a force of nature that promises change
and for better or worse
life is only worth living when it changes
and after you are gone
there is nothing left to do
but try to rebuild life
on the wreckage you left behind




No comments:

Post a Comment