Pages

Monday, June 16, 2014

the travel poem

What if these letters had nowhere to go
What it I found that I could no longer
Tell you how what I'm thinking
of the strange plans I have
and listen to the stranger plans from you
and wonder how the fit together
They are all set to finally expire unfulfilled
What if we cannot share laughter
and only complain apart
And why don’t we share everything
If that is what we seem to want
There are beautiful sunsets in the west
Red skies painted in ever changing pastels
The clouds remind me there is beauty
whether anyone sees them or not
memories add meanings
and dreams add surrealism
that begs us for clarification
which egos want to share
When life is not shared
with someone you love
it is less than half a life
but it is still living
Wherever we are alone
wondering where we'll be
and who we'll be with
when our dreams and our memories
meet on some foreign road

No comments:

Post a Comment