Pages

Sunday, June 22, 2014

The book I'm reading

Its not very fair
the book I'm reading
the unfamiliar words
words like facticity
which may not be real
which even my spell checker
is uncomfortable with
and the strange words
which would means something
if I ordered food in Greek
and its not fair
because of what it forces me to see
and where my thoughts go
and because i can't talk about it
with the one who would understand
or at least try to
and life isn't fair
at least not often
taking opportunities
and shredding them
like the cases of paper
i clean out of my life
simplifying everything
until my life is as compact
and uncomplicated
as the coffin at the end of it
a possessionless place
where we begin and end
my only hope
that somewhere in the middle
It will all make sense
and if not that
then that it will be fair to us
in some small part
evening out the pain
so we can bear it
and evening out our lives
so we can bear it together

No comments:

Post a Comment