Pages

Sunday, August 30, 2015

aplolgies

Love is about being fixated on things
I will not apologize for clinging too strongly
I will not apologize for the stupidity
that too often accompanies my love

If anything, I would apologize
that I have not sacrificed more
that more risks were not taken
that I prioritize anything else

I am beguiled that I hurt
but love is a conqueror
only confessing to crimes
that hurt the lovers

we have been the victim
we have been the perpetrator
humiliated and beaten
yet we somehow continue to love

I stood out your door screaming
when you weren't at home
I called and hung up
when you answered

The less offensive things
like substituting books on tape
for your voice on long walks
writing letters I never sent

but love makes life
as it makes humiliation
the pleasure demands
the price of the pain

so I cannot be ashamed
of the things I did for love
regretting only the foolhardy
which I haven't done yet

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ebSy_T0sI4

No comments:

Post a Comment