Pages

Friday, August 28, 2015

sleepless visions

So much happens late at night
while the innocent sleep
I miss nothing
I sit awake
kept restless
by the things I see
within my own mind
things invisible
Despite waking morning
before the sun rose
before even dawn
brightened the sky
The near full moon
which lit the early night
was by then gone
leaving an unnatural darkness
which provided me no shade
no shadow, no place to hide
from the light in my head
sleepless in morning
just as I am sleepless tonight
working outside at dawn
working inside in evening
despite the darkness
despite blindness
except for my visions
everything blends together
except for my passions
which remain undiminished
time doesn't cool them
they burn unabated
act they scream
I remain motionless
they scream louder
scarred sleep, scared sleep
I move around blindly
the darkness complete
except for the visions
I try to describe them
but they remain illusive
except to me
I see them clearly
what they demand
and demanding
they deny me sleep
and you deny me
there is nothing
of the dawn
silent, lightless
in your absence
there can be no light
nor peace

No comments:

Post a Comment