Pages

Thursday, August 27, 2015

some collected thoughts on reading

You know you're reading too much when:

All the books we own, both read and unread are the fullest expression of self we have at our disposal...but with each passing year, and with each whimsical purchase, our libraries become more and more able to ridicule who we are, whether we read the books or not-Nick Hornby

Leave me alone to mourn the deaths of fictional characters I have become overly attached too-unknown tweet post

A story can be like a mad, lovely visitor with whom you spend a rather exciting weekend lorrie moore

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend.  Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.  Grouch Marx

I like the sound of facts, but I don't care about them as facts.  I like them as texture. Kay ryan

I may be legally an adult but don't be fooled.  I have no idea what the hell i'm doing.-unknown tweet

It's all who you lay down with at night that matters.  It takes a while to figure that out.  From a sad movie.

writing comes from reading and reading is the finest teacher of how to write.  anne proulx

a book can be represented as a conversation with one's demon-patrick o'brian




No comments:

Post a Comment