Pages

Friday, August 14, 2015

bitter silence

such bitter silence
assaults me here
and yet noise loud
crowd out peace
already reason fled

where stands things
now that waiting ends
a new beginning
only to wait again
where are response

where are travel
where the consent
travel plans loose
waiting only confirmation
alas or rejection

where are the letters
that should have been
written never meaning
memories more real
than enslaving walls

Beauty surrounds me
and is seen clear
without giving peace
nothing more to me
than frozen dioramas

can it be right
if it kills value
is logical sacrifice
the blood of honor
or fool's gold

Having succeeded
is meaningless
without gold value
only cold metal
warm touch absent

run or running away
towards a goal
or only escape
the western sun
calls out to me

come this way
like all the others
escaping their pain
I hold rivers of gold
and deserts of pain

I would leave the water
if I could walk with you
reaching to the blinding light
take me, take me
 even if it means death

No comments:

Post a Comment