Pages

Monday, July 1, 2019

a simple life chapter 2

I saw an article today about a new dating app.
I always get irritated when ideas like this are valued at 30 million dollars as this one was according tot he article.  Of course, at some point if my math works out my project should be valued at 30 billion even before it hits the market so I should be careful what I am jealous of.
I have some additional support articles for AuT which will be posted soon.

Where was I.
Oh yes, then I saw this trapped monarch butterfly.  It was not really trapped, it just could not get under the poolhouse overhang.  For a creature capable of navigating oceans and continents, this one seemed...well too much like me.  An unsuccessful outlier.
Where was I
There is this tree near the house which looks like it is giving you the finger.  I may take a picture of it, I'd like to post that for the world.  I was getting ready to swim.  A redheaded woodpecker, a beautiful bird, was hitting on the fist of this rude branch drawing my attention to it.
The dating app was coffee meets bagel, by the way.  Its supposed to be tinder for people looking for a deeper interaction.
Anyway, I wondered if all of these things were signs that I should say something.

I entered a cold pool pondering this.  My plan swimming was to work through the story, at least to the point where it lost all sense of logic and, in fact, during the swim I covered several chapters or, if I may, scenes in the screen play and cleaned a number of things up that I wanted to clean up; adding some depth, heroism and characters including an oriental microbiologist who will be important to the story even though he is in Memphis at the start which is the wrong place and I may move him up to the ohio river valley just to make his job harder.  A good writer must have the right amount of cruelty.
And so I swam and wrote and thought about a physics problem and wondered about signs.
And this is the problem that I was afraid I'd run into.  I have come up with several modifications and now I have to make them into both documents.  It is interesting because it is also part of the proof, having as it does to do with how neutrons work, how the weak force works, although the weak force is not really a thing in AuT.  Force is not, per se, a thing.
And yet it is electromagnetic in nature and AuT so requires in the proof; but it is more and less.
It is and is not the thing that holds the proton and electron together as a neutron.
And the idea that the dissolving neutron results in a proton, electron and neutrino and photon is also not exactly a thing, although things are done.
The problem with AuT is that it gets down to the level where there are things and it finds them different, in many ways more simple, in some ways more complicated.
I am not cut out for this
At the end of the swim, which was 1400 im, by the way (3x400 plus 1x200) and still only 2500 yards

I am continuing to provide updates on a new fiction book

Chapter2
The levee board main offices were on Tchopotoulis and from the top floors you could look over the levee and see the traffic.
Robert Muldow was looking over a chart of water levels and tapping his pencil on an ashtray with irregular lines and the words “world’s best dad” scrawled.  There was no smoking in the building so the words were partially obscured with binders and paper clips.  There was a knock on the door.
“Come in,” Robert called.
“Hey chief,” Norman Walker said as he came into the office. “You wanted to see me?”
“I have been looking over the reports from Baton Rouge.   They are saying the floods last week in the Ohio River Valley are going to raise the level there another two feet.”
“I heard about it.”  When Robert raised his eyebrow, Norman added, “My cousin is an engineer up there.  Sort of the family business.”
“What do you think  about it?”
“I have never seen the river this high for this long,  but unless there is a hurricane, we should be fine.”
“There is a storm off the coast of Miami.  It may turn this way.”
“We had better hop it doesn’t.”
“Hmmm.  I don’t want to take any chances.  Open up the spillways.”
“How far?”
“Far enough to keep the water levels where they are now.”
“We could flood the 9th Ward.  If we do that, there would be hell to pay.”
“We need to keep it below that level then, and call the Mayor.  I don’t like the way this is shaping up.”
“I will work up the numbers and we can go over them.”
There was a noise and they turned to the still open door.  Marge, one of the secretaries from the first was there.  “We have a King cake for Patti’s birthday.  Do you want to come down?  I could bring you some up here.”
Robert looked at Norman who cocked his head inquiringly.  “I think the numbers will wait a day or two.  Let’s go sing happy birthday.  I’m feeling lucky and I want to get the slice with the baby.”



 I was overcome not by guilt
which I feel to a greater not lesser extent
but by love and passion
it was so great it was unbearable
to love someone that much
is unbearable and unnatural
logically, I said to myself
take your mind off the body
examine your feelings
it is a hard thing to do
I understand it
there is a love of your life
there can be more than one I think
I am someone who follows logical threads
who takes things and remakes them accurately
but I am also a slave to emotion
I allow it and embrace it
I think you should kill me
by taking the advice of the signs
but I also think we should work this out together
because love is more important than science
in some ways
because if you survive and don't have love
then all you have is science
and in a universe run by science
that means there is no purpose to the science
except to be scientific

No comments:

Post a Comment