Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2019

AuT and the death spiral Chapter 10 Levee

Today will be my day off, the first one in a while.
I feel terrible about it, but its too late to do anything more and it makes me sick.
There is an answer to this:
The Earth is in a death spiral. It will take radical action to save us http://flip.it/YM73Pn
It is not a permanent solution, but its what is available until AuT comes up with something else.
https://youtu.be/n2fxYBZ23K4

Chapter 10 Levee opposite New Orlean (evening)

Action: 2ndary characters out of river


Mason opened his eyes.  It was dark.  His head hurt, so he took a deep breath. The air was hot, he was sweating.  There was a weird tang in the air that burned his lungs.
Where was he?  Dead.  “karen,” he tried to yell but it was a croak. 
A shadow loomed over him.
“Dat girl, she be ok, outside.”  A dark skinned man said with a wet cloth over his mouth.
Mason let himself relax.  “I need to see her.”
“You be getting up, some den now.”  The man held out a stained sheet that looked wet.  Breathing through it was easier.
Stepping outside, helped by the man with the thick accent, Mason saw Karen sitting in a rough cut swing in the shade hanging from a towering oak whose broad arms created a cave-like cool.  He sat beside her and she smiled at him.  A few minutes passed, and she laughed, ‘We’re alive!”
“I know, I know.  I can’t believe it.”
They both laughed for a few minutes, then Mason said, “I wonder about everyone else.”

No comments:

Post a Comment