Pages

Friday, December 10, 2021

DOD 67

 The altitude difference and difference in terrain is telling.

I did 1700 yards and did 2x400 im(s) and 1x200 instead of the 5x200 I was forced to do at 6000 feet.  My intensity minutes have dropped dramatically, from over 100 per day down to 150 per week if I get another 10 or 20 in the next 3 days.  The walks have gone from rocky stair climbs in dry air, fearful of wild animals and blocked by cattle occasionally; to wet, sticky slogs through mist and rain surrounded by the constant noise and Christmas decorations of what is fortunately a very safe place; since the wilderness dangers pale to those of man.

I have done 3 long swims in the last 7 days and several walks and bike rides despite fatigue and this nascent illness which I'm continuing to treat with massive doses of vitamin c, probably expired.  I think perhaps the swims have helped fight off the illness although just the opposite effect seems to be suggested.  They have undone the mask mandate at the gym and removed the plastic shielding from the employee areas.  It is surreal as the whole last year has been.

The illness, tt is hard to watch, implementing extra strength cough medicine seems to have headed off pneumonia for now.

It's hard to believe how much i can miss you but whenever I go down that road i know there was only one path for you and for me.  I look at the bridges built over the pitfalls in that road and wonder if we really need to abandon that process especially when it was done, but i think that being alone is the only path forward and I am not alone this week for the first time in a long while.  It is draining and recharging, it scares me; but I need to deal with those things which prevent me from moving on and in that respect I am having limited success.

  So very tired and teetering between health and this weeks long illness which is painful to watch.   I have 3 months to catch up on, I am only starting in that direction even after 4 days back at the office; much of my time still going into the technical write ups where at least some progress is being made.  Team building which I thought was on hold, continues.  No word on the grants which are so critical to everything at this point.

The rain is back again, it screams your name. 

No comments:

Post a Comment