Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Dod 91/92?

No real exercise yesterday.  The pool is now closed till Monday, so missing yesterday (exhausted due to sleep irregularities) is problematic.  It is unnaturally warm, I could almost swim at home, although beginning that swim would be problematic and the coughing might be made extreme.  It will be 78 degrees tomorrow, new years eve.  The ice caps will likely melt.  Then what?

Today I filed the last of the DOE electrical transmission grant applications, 4 total which I think can all depend from a single write up.  Another day without real exercise, but I did walk the stupid dog 4 miles.

Still coughing, and was feeling pretty puny at the end of the walk pressing for time uphill, but now after a shower, vitamin c and lots of water, I feel better.  9 hours of sleep last night probably helped, caught up from the lack of sleep the night before.

At the end of the walk, I looked at my pine tree being strangled by vines, tomorrow I will kill the vines if I survive.  

The pool is at 68 degrees, 3 degrees from what i'd call swimable which means it would, at the warmer part of the day tomorrow, be capable of supporting a swimmer with a strong heart.  The mind boggles at the risks and possibilities.

I watched love and monsters, i think the movie has something to say in the time of the apocalypse.  

 https://phys.org/news/2020-08-physicists-two-dimensional-material.html

https://www.wdsu.com/article/new-orleans-sugar-bowl-new-years-safety-guidance/38641902

Neither of these articles say much to me, but the first one I saved from several months ago to revisit at a later time which is sort of now I suppose.

I wonder at the weather extremes, record snowfalls with the accompanying headaches, snow skiing, sleigh rides; the extreme heat here, not unprecedented, but unusual nonetheless.  I am watching people sleigh live in a blizzard at steinlodge https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2VfyLoTO0c as I write this, it is a very active scene considering the cold and forbidding conditions, but it is certainly a scene of great beauty.

What can I say that I have not said before?  Happy new year perhaps, next year will be different, but what does that mean?




No comments:

Post a Comment