Pages

Monday, December 13, 2021

dod 70

every 10 days seems like a decade.

up at 5am, the illness remains.  169.5 pounds.  I don't know how that registers with the past, though I should.  I exercise through this illness, perhaps it will get worse as a result, the coughing is more intense.  The coffee and sitting up seem to help a little.   I wonder how much longer the NM coffee will hold out, but it doesn't matter much.  Even there I often used packaged coffee or the beans my friend roasted himself.

I cannot sleep, because of you, I think.  That being said, there seems to have been enough for the voracious demands of the cold.

I may be too busy for hobbies.  This is a critical week when I need to move past the edit to the final cuts in the applications, for there will be more than one.  Then it is on to forms, but that is another step far away from this one.  There is a lot of work to do on things that do not matter but which have attention and on things which matter a great deal and are ignored.  While the conclusions about the process behind flipping the earth's field were not complex, in many ways it represents something as important as the periodic table design around the neutron core.  

I wonder how much better I could do if I could see clearly.  I practice in the dark getting my clothes ready to put on, but I know it is a complex thing to plan for.  I am my aunt's nephew in the end, I suppose.

I am lucky that I am not luckier in some cases.  I needed to get back here to close things up before the end of the  year, to see what I have to face next year and to prepare for it.  I do not know about the grant work that needs to be done.  I am looking at it but with a half an eye.  That said, it would have eased the pain some.

Speaking of easing pain, it will be warm this week, good weather for the illness, seasonally unpleasant.

it will rain later and if the pool needs to be flocked again, pretty likely although it is too dark to see, that will make it less likely that I will need to add water to backwash it.  I hope that I can get the pump to cooperate.  In the meantime, I can attempt to get the rest of the debris from the pool.  It seems like it will be summer before we know it although it is only December still.   it is substantially colder in SC, but still a mild winter I'd think.  It is not too late to return there, but the plan has shifted to dealing with problems here for the moment.  Whether that can be dealt with before the end of the year when I'd return seems increasingly unlikely as most of the transition issues will occur either at the very end of the month or in January.

For the moment I have addressed the transition issues I can deal with and I am waiting for the results.

There are no thorns here, at least they are beaten by developments into the background.  I still see one or two coming out of the car or did last week.

I will come back to this, I should eat something before it becomes late.  Outside, a distant dawn is beginning to make itself heard.  I have a book to write too.

Got some work done today but at the end I became more ill and left to recuperate but it has continued to get worse. No exercise today i think.  It is strange illness hovering the background till now.  If it stays true next the cough and congestion will worsen.  But 8 days means i should be better by the weekend and i should be able to work.  I should test for covid.

I am glad to not be with you for the first time since I was with you last, I would not want to make you sick.  Drinking hot tea with honey, some sort of herbal remedy tea that expired years ago.  It is helping my throat.  It is dark and early and I feel better for having lain down.  I failed the covid home test, fortunately, just a cold.  At least I hope that is a good thing.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment