Pages

Sunday, November 12, 2017

The science of nostradmanus 13

There will not be much science in this post, but the next post will address an issue worth mentioning.
What happens in a closed system of time?  The answer which this fictional story will address is that history will repeat itself.  It also will move towards an outcome preset for the closed system and this effect will only be marginally different where information is added to the system.  For this reason, what we think we observe, actually happens for a reason and is the explanation for why the future can be visible to someone who knows how to look.

chapter 13 nostradamus 2

It is so cold, I told the monk who would be the pope one day.  We had been going farther up into the mountatins every day for a fortnight.
The mountains of italy are a quiet place in the winder, a safe place in a dangerous world.  That is why she comes here.  It is not safe for her, too many want to ask too much from her.   If her story is true, she has had little peace and she needs it for her strange work.
But she will see me.  He looked up.  Though the distance to the monestary was short, it would take several hours more climbing to reach and the clouds had formed black and pregnant.
We'd best be on our way.
We reached the monestary as the sun set behind the mountains.  For a hour before we reached the door, random flakes of snow had melted on our hands adn the wind had steadily increasd.  As the doors opened, so did the skies and thick wet flakes began to fall drowning out the outside world.
We rested and ate a warm porridge.  As we drank our tea, the castilian came into the dining room and told me that if I was sufficiently recovered, the muse would see me.
Though tired, beyond my ability to describe, I agreed.
She was invisible under a hood and in a room which was dark, lit by a single candle which flickered in a breeze which came through the cracks where the wooden doors closing the window met.  A small dusting of snow had gathered below the crack on the stone sill reflecting the light from the candle.
You came, Iam pleased.
I am tired, more tired than you can imagine
I can imagine, I am an inmigrant, a refugee, I know what it is like to travel long distances, pursued and unwanted.  But I needed to see you tonight.
Why
I believe we only have one night together.
Though I have heard you can feel the future, Ido not believe that is true unless you are to leave or one of us is to die, for I need time to recover.
Perhaps, perhaps you are right.
I understand you do not accept visitors, why did you agree to see me.
I did because you have an interest in time and you are a student of astronomy, indeed one of the leading men of science of our time.  I can feel the future, but for reasons I cannot fully explain, despite my years of study, I do not have the science to see it.
You need science?
Only men of great learning have been able to see far, at least as far back as time is recorded.  Before that...there are stories of the time before recorded time and the time before that, the time of the first cities and of the cities before that.
You talk in riddles.
When you see the past you will understand.
So what do you know of the determination of the future..
I know that the future is not what you believe it is.  You are prejudiced by your learning, by you religions, by your clocks and by your experience.
Then what is time, I believe time is what hass happened, what is happening now and what will happen.
And what is what will happen, the future?
IT is What is unwritten.
That is where you are right and wrong.  Time is not written, but it can be determined so it has a place, just as the past.
And the present?
What is the present?  The moment that is gone?
I suppose it is what is between the past and the future.
And how long is it?
I...I dont suppose that is possible.
Then there coudl be no present.  No, someone long ago determined thta a constantly divisible time was impossible, so tehr must be a present of sorts.
A presnt made of time?
There is no time as you see it, no history of past and future.   time is sometimes the building of the past, but it is also sometimes the destruction of the past and perhaps at all times it is both, one just more than teh otehr.  IT appears as threads going in eitehr direction.  You see the threads where the present is built from teh past.  If you can pick out these threads where it is built from the past and see how they are connected then you can see the future.
It sounds too fantasitc.
You are tired, have some wine, late at night when it is quiet, when you are your most tired, that is the time to look into the future.
How far?
It depends
On what?
On how much courage you have, for the future always holds terrors and the farther ahead you look the more terrors you must see.
I am ready and I have taken on the black death.  I an unafraid of the future.
Be careful what boasts you make, the future is more cruel than you can imagine.
How do I do it.
Look into the water, but don't look below the surface, look at the waves formed by the vibrations of time moving through them.
And so I did and for a very long time, the candle burned down although I did not notice it.    I gave a start.
What is it?
I saw something.
Calm down, if you have courage, look again.  What do you see
There is an image.   It forms in my mind from looking at the surface
What is it.
The snow was falling heavy outside.  The man who would be pope waited in the ante room praying.
I screamed.  It is the plague!  It has returned.   My family is in danger.   I must return at once.  I bolted upright upsetting the bowl of water.
The muse screamed.
I rushed for the door.
Wait she yelled.
I did not answer.  To the man who would be pope, "We must leave at once, my family is in danger."
"How do you know."
"I cannot tell you.  But I know it.  Imust go."
"We cannot, the weather..."
"Though I die, I must leave at once."
"Restrain him.  IN the morning, there may be a chance you can make it, but not before.  I will accompany you and all my men will accompany though our lives be forfeit, but we cannot leave tonight."
You may come after me, as for me I must leave at once.
Then I will send my best man with you and I will pray that god travels with you too.
As we started into the night, trying to get to the bottom of th emountain before the snow trapped us, I realized the msue was right, we only had the one night together.

#writerslife
#nostradamus
#quantum mechanics
#aut

No comments:

Post a Comment