Pages

Saturday, August 21, 2021

19-18/69: Things quicken DQ 30

I set my timer for 9am and it clicked to 18 days and someodd hours so I am correcting things here today.
Yesterday the weather failed me when I needed to swim so I had trouble getting to sleep. Of course, it seems like I am always up early.  I spent a great deal of time, relatively speaking, on core work; my back feels good this morning.
Today the weather should cooperate if I swim early, we'll see how that works out.  My hands were sore from the rowing followed by the floor work, they could use a rest.
It is still morning, but I went ahead and swam and finished before 9:30.  It is nice to have that out of the way.
I have had yet more work that I've created on the 69 issue.  I fear that I will have to break the provisional in half to cover everything and that the PCT will be much abbreviated from what I'd like it to be; but there is no way around that.
I want, at least, to have the provisional out of my office in 18 days, the PCT can, theoretically, wait.  In 3 days I'm supposed to have the second edition of the NPTE which will give me something to work on which I can hold, although it may just serve as a point of reference until the day 69 issue is resolved.
69 days is both a long time and a short time.
If you look at the first posts on the trip to the desert and this one you can see the steady acceleration of time.
The science progresses apace so fast it is hard to stop long enough in the advances to do the drafting for protection and grants.  There is a great deal of empirical knowledge to pick through and adapt. As Walt Wittman said, “be curious, not judgmental,” even though everyone else is wrong. 
What does the star of Ted Lasso use to get by?
https://news.dunkindonuts.com/blog/latte-vs-cappuccino-vs-macchiato-whats-the-difference; I guess we have to have macchiatos together in new mexico, or perhaps just I do; the thing to get me by.
I filed one LOI, it is late in the day.  It may have made sense to wait on that for a while, but it was ready, its just one out of several that I want out of my office next week and responses have been slow.  It will be interesting to see where it goes, writing it helped to put some things in focus that will be in the patent.
The work increases and it is uncertain just how things will work in NM, will it be easy as I hope or will it prove difficult?  If I can get this work done by the 18th, then things will be considerably easier; there are, perhaps, 4 LOI(s) to do in that time frame, another one which should be ready next week which has no time limit, and then the document which has not been opened yet.  It's a lot to deal with; but the editing is almost peaceful, just deleting superfluous information, organizing what is left, deleting again, adding in new documents and repeating the process until it is initially down to 100 pages.  
It is possible that much of that work can be outsourced, but it makes more sense to do it myself, because so much of the development work has come from these efforts.
18 days and so many hours, it is a lot to take in, far less time than I need; but perhaps enough.  One more note, I should have the next editions in 3 days or did I say that already?

This is a bizarre little post from 4/8/14 which includes a paragraph which I'm guessing someone else wrote; I must attempt to figure out where from.
4/8/14
Vet: Sanfu, fubar,

TARFU[edit]

TARFU stands for totally and royally fucked up or things are really fucked up. The 1944 U.S. Army animated shorts Three Brothers and Private Snafu Presents Seaman Tarfu In The Navy (both directed by Friz Freleng), feature the characters Private Snafu, Private Fubar, and Seaman Tarfu.[8][9]

BOHICA[edit]

BOHICA stands for bend over, here it comes again. It is an item of acronym slang which grew to regular use amongst the United States armed forces during the Vietnam War.[10][11] It is used colloquially to indicate that an adverse situation is about to repeat itself, and that acquiescence is the wisest course of action. It is commonly understood as a reference to being sodomized. An alternative etymology relates the expression to the days of sail and avoiding being struck by the boom, which would swing around the mast due to shifts in wind or the vessel's course. Although it originated in the United States military forces, and is still commonly used by United States Air Force fighter crew chiefs and armament crews, its usage has spread to civilian environments, used to describe unavoidable, unpleasant situations that have inconvenienced someone before and are about to yet again.

FIGMO[edit]

FIGMO describes a person, especially one who has a short remaining time on station, who has a lax attitude toward their work. The acronym stands for 'Fuck it, I've got my orders'. The set of orders implied are transfer or release orders, and once you have those it doesn't matter much what your current commanding officer thinks of you any longer.
They have set a giant out against us.
I believe it is only something called the burning man.  Smoke was beginning to rise from the giant structure.  Rock music was blaring so they could barely be heard.
No, I tell you it is a giant and I must slay him.
And with that he was on his motorcycle, Seventy clinging to him, trying to make him stop, but the motorcycle tore them free.  Seventy ran to his motorcycle, but he knew he was too late.
DQ broke through a wooden barrier, people were screaming and springing out of his way.
The towering statute of a man was burning and into this frame, DQ flew.

FUBB[edit]

FUBB, according to Gordon L. Rottman's FUBAR: Soldier Slang of World War II, was a term used by American soldiers and Marines during the second world war. It may either stand for 'fucked up beyond belief' or 'fouled up beyond belief.'

No comments:

Post a Comment