Pages

Friday, August 27, 2021

12/3/63

 Yesterday after a mere 500 yards I was chased from the pool by lightening and did nothing else.  Today, the weather was pleasantly cool in the morning but on a day when I needed to get 9 hours of work in I only was efficient for 2 due to the innumerable distractions that come with getting ready to leave in what is now a mere 12 days.  

I did nothing to shorten the paper meaning I have to work all weekend on that, but I did address in very general terms the carbon capture which is going to be an interesting undertaking, slow and steady wins the race; but I was not steady or winning, just slow.

I had to burn off the stress and got my full swim in, butterflies fluttering above me during the backstroke.  It's been a summer full of butterflies.  Even that was not enough, so I rode my bike up several hills till I sweated out as much of the stress as I could before it got too dark to ride safely.

I heard the hurricane would hit on the anniversary of katrina; Ida is the name of the cousin who died whose name I couldn't remember, beautiful Ida whose life was cut too short, whose husband and children have disappeared into the mists of time.

I know you are busy, busy ghosting me and busy doing what you need to do.  The next two days I have to make full days of them to make up for the lost day today, but I am ready for that; but not ready for everything else.  I need to make sure I do not feel the stress of it, I can treat it as the work ahead to get the treat of the freedom that waits for me in under a fortnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment